Saturday, October 16, 2010

Talking to idiots

Amor Mundi - A Few Friendly Challenges for the Robot Cultists: "Prisco is quoted, you will recall, as declaring me "an idiot… so intellectually dishonest that, if you say 2+2=4, he will claim that you said 4+4=2 and insult you for it."

This is true: on Ben Goertzel blog I have offered this advice to Ben:

"Ben, don't waste your time debating Carrico. Besides being an idiot, he is so intellectually dishonest that, if you say 2+2=4, he will claim that you said 4+4=2 and insult you for it.

Some of us used to debate him, also because he was a member of the transhumanist community before being kicked out, but we have stopped bothering. Believe me, better ignoring him.
"

After calling me an idiot (of course), Carrico continues: "I am happy to propose a challenge to Prisco... to point to actual instances in which I declare 4 + 4 to equal 2"

Now, English is not my native language and I do make mistakes on occasions. But it seems to me that "claim that you said 4+4=2" and "I declare 4 + 4 to equal 2" are two very different things. Perhaps my command of the English language is not good enough, which is certainly a possibility. Another possibility is that this person is not only an idiot, but one so hopelessly idiot that he does not understand his own native language.

1 comment:

  1. Lmao maybe somethings in our drinking water :D

    Ps English is not my native tongue either!

    ReplyDelete